"I have a tip
that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game. It is
called an eraser." - Arnold Palmer
Arnold Palmer Golf Quotes
- How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple. I missed
a four-foot putt for an eleven.
- Concentration comes out of a combination of confidence and hunger.
- It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I get.
- I never rooted against an opponent, but I never rooted for him
- I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely
against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that i didn't have a
chance to win.
- What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the
flight of a good drive.
- Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies
the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time
rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest
game mankind has ever invented.
Ben Hogan Golf Quotes
- This is a game of misses. The guy who misses the best is going
- Like most professional golfers, I have a tendency to remember
my poor shots a shade more vividly than the good ones.
- I don't like the glamour. I just like the game.
- I play with friends, but we don't play friendly games.
- A shot that goes in the cup is pure luck, but a shot to within
two feet of the flag is skill.
- I never played a round when I didn't learn something new about
- I have found the game to be, in all factualness, a universal
language wherever I traveled at home or abroad.
- All other things being equal, greens break to the west.
- The most important shot in golf is the next one.
- As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses,
for you only get to play one round.
Bobby Jones Golf Quotes
- You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think
- The secret of golf is to turn three shots into two.
- No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will
be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf
is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary;
you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.
- Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad
breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but
you have to play the ball where it lies.
- It is nevertheless a game of considerable passion, either of the
explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul.
- A leading difficulty with the average player is that he totally
misunderstands what is meant by concentration. He may think he is
concentrating hard when he is merely worrying.
- I never learned anything from a match that I won.
- Golf is assuredly a mystifying game. It would seem that if a
person has hit a golf ball correctly a thousand times, he should
be able to duplicate the performance at will. But such is
certainly not the case.
- Many shots are spoiled at the last instant by efforts to add a few
- The best exercise for golfers is golfing.
- The moment the average golfer attempts to play from long grass or
a bunker or from a difficult lie of any kind, he becomes a digger
instead of a swinger.
- Golf is said to be a humbling game, but it is surprising how many
people are either not aware of their weaknesses or else reckless
- Rhythm and timing are the two things which we all must have, yet
no one knows how to teach either.
- You might as well praise a man for not robbing a bank as to praise
him for playing by the rules.
- One reason golf is such an exasperating game is that a thing we
learned is so easily forgotten, and we find ourselves struggling
year after year with faults we had discovered and corrected time
- In order to win, you must play your best golf when you need it
most, and play your sloppy stuff when you can afford it. I shall
not attempt to explain how you achieve this happy timing.
- I get as much fun as the next man from whaling the ball as hard as
I can and catching it squarely on the button. But from sad
experience I learned not to try this in a round that meant
- I always like to see a person stand up to a golf ball as though he
were perfectly at home in its presence.
- The best exercise for golfers is golfing.
Harry Vardon Golf Quotes
- For this game you need, above all things, to be in a tranquil
frame of mind.
- Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.
- Never concede the putt that beats you.
Jack Nicklaus Golf Quotes
- Don't be too proud to take a lesson. I'm not.
- Nobody ever remembers who finished second at anything.
- A kid grows up a lot faster on the golf course. Golf teaches
you how to behave.
- Professional golf is the only sport where, if you win 20
percent of the time, you're the best.
- It takes hundreds of good golf shots to gain confidence, but
only one bad one to lose it.
- A perfectly straight shot with a big club is a fluke.
- Golf is not, and never has been, a fair game.
- If there is one thing I have learned during my years as a
professional, it is that the only thing constant about golf is its
- Keeping the head still is golf's one universal, unarguable
- When you lip out several putts in a row, you should never
think that means that you're putting well. When you're putting
well, the only question is what part of the hole it's going to
fall in, not if it's going in.
- When I want a long ball, I spin my hips faster.
Lee Trevino Golf Quotes
- Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money.
- There is no such thing as a natural touch. touch is something
you create by hitting millions of golf balls.
- You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks
with only two bucks in your pocket.
- Show me a golfer who doesn't have a mean streak, and I'll show
you a weak competitor.
Sam Snead Golf Quotes
- Nobody asked how you looked, just what you shot.
- Forget your opponents; always play against par.
- Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.
- Never let up. The more you can win by, the more doubts you put
in the other players' minds the next time out.
- There is an old saying: if a man comes home with sand in his
cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot.